Allen D. Rosen, M.D., F.A.C.S.
One of America’s Top Docs, Allen Rosen was named one of the finest plastic surgeons in New York and New Jersey, by both New York Magazine and New Jersey Monthly Magazine.
For ten years running, peer surveys by Castle Connolly Medical have recognized him as one of our country’s premier plastic surgeons. MTV, Good Morning America, Eyewitness News and NBC, have profiled his work and he has been an invited guest on News 12 New Jersey and numerous other network media events. He has been quoted in Allure, Shape, and Self magazines, New York Daily News, Wall Street Journal, and the Washington Times.
For over a decade, he has been a distinguished spokesperson for the American Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons, and is the founding partner and medical director of The Plastic Surgery Group. Having finished his surgical training at Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center in New York, he relocated to New Jersey where he serves as Assistant clinical Professor in the Department of Plastic Surgery at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey.
Dr. Rosen believes in balancing the demands of a busy professional life with that of volunteer service. He was honored in the spring of 2005 for 10 years of dedicated service to Healing the Children, a charitable organization which helps children from around the world who need reconstructive surgery.
The American Cancer Society of NJ, for which he served as unit President, has honored him for his efforts to help women in the fight against breast cancer, and both the American Red Cross and the National Congressional Committee Business Advisory Council have singled him out to honor his outstanding contributions to community service.
- Spokesperson: American Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons since 1990
- Former Chief: Department of Plastic Surgery, Mountainside Hospital (Montclair, New Jersey)
- Former Chief: Division of Plastic Surgery, General Hospital Center of Passaic
- Medical Director: The Plastic Surgery Group Medical Director: North Fullerton Surgery Center
- Assistant Clinical Professor: Division of Plastic Surgery, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey
- Instructor: American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Key Note Speaker: American College of Surgeons and Angiotech
- Author: Journal of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery,(Ideas and Innovations), March 2010
- Doctorate: SUNY at Buffalo School of Medicine
- Residency: Columbia-Presbyterian Medical Center–Plastic/General and Hand Surgery
- Board Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Fellow: American College of Surgeons
- Certificate of Added Qualifications in Surgery of the Hand: American Board of Plastic Surgery
- National Board Medical Examiners: Diplomat
- National Leadership Award: Physician Advisory Board
- Healing the Children: 12th Annual Sergio Award
- Past President: American Cancer Society
- IRAQ STAR INC: Foundation dedicated to providing reconstructive surgery to returning Iraq War Veterans