Valerie J. Ablaza, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Dr. Ablaza is a relative rarity in her profession, where just one out of 10 plastic surgeons are women. She is board certified by The American Society of Plastic Surgeons and is a Fellow of The American College of Surgeons. She
Dr. Ablaza has frequently been quoted on internet websites including PlasticSurgery.com, CosmeticSurgery.com, YourCancerToday.com, and awcancer.com. She has been featured on CN8, One on One with Steve Adubato, and Real Life with Mary Amoroso.
Dr. Ablaza has been an active participant
She has also donated her time and expertise to Healing the Children, an international charity that provides reconstructive surgery to children from low-income communities and third-world countries.
“Only one out of ten plastic surgeons are women like myself. I know that my perspective and sensitivities are different than my colleagues. Not surprisingly, there are things that my female patients will tell me that they would never tell a man, especially about their bodies. But surprisingly, many men also prefer the insight and perspective a female surgeon provides.”
Education and Training
- Bachelor of Science: Summa Cum Laude Graduate of Boston College
- Medical Degree: Medical College of Pennsylvania
- General Surgery Residency, Internship: Albert Einstein Medical Center, Philadelphia
- Plastic Surgery Residency: New York Hospital-Cornell Medical Center.
- Fellowship: Breast Reconstruction and Aesthetic Surgery, Nashville Plastic Surgery, LTD
Certifications and Memberships
- Board Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Fellow: American College of Surgeons
- Diplomate: National Board of Medical Examiners
- Member: American Society of Plastic Surgeons, Phi Beta Kappa, Alpha Epsilon Delta Honor Society
- Heal the Children and other children’s charities